The goal of Infection Prevention and Control at Littleton Regional Healthcare is to identify and reduce the risk of acquiring and transmitting infections among patients, staff and visitors.
The role of the Infection Prevention and Control Department is to:
- Identify and reduce the risks of acquiring and transmitting infection.
- Establish and monitor infection control practices to meet federal, state and local regulations in addition to guidelines established by leaders in the field of infection control and epidemiology.
- Conduct ongoing surveillance.
- Review, analyze and report infection control data.
- Promote preventive and corrective measures for patients, staff and visitors.
- Consult with all departments on infection control matters.
- Provide education and educational resources to LRH staff and the greater Littleton community.
- Work closely with state and county public health agencies to report communicable disease occurrences and disseminate information that is of public health significance.