Facts about LRH Volunteers
- Amy Mancini is the Director of Volunteers at Littleton Regional Healthcare.
- The department started with 28 volunteers and has grown to over 240 volunteers.
- You can recognize the volunteers by their green uniforms and smiling faces.
- Our volunteers have a wide range of duties, including: Greeting patients and visitors; offering directions and escort services; providing wheelchair transport; serving as receptionists; visiting patients; providing complementary therapies; serving as cashiers for the gift shops; offering clerical skills, such as data entry, typing, copying, scanning, filing and mailings.
- Volunteers are stationed at the Main Desk, Same Day Surgery Desk, Moose Ledge Gift Shop, Mini Moose Gift Kiosk, Upper Atrium Desk, Lower Atrium Desk and at the Medical Office Building Desk.
- Volunteers also work in over 20 departments throughout the hospital.
- We have Visiting Volunteers who spend their time visiting with patients and guests in patient rooms and waiting areas.
- We have over 18 licensed Complementary Therapists who provide free reiki treatments, massage therapy, aromatherapy, and guided meditation to patients. This program is managed by our Complementary Therapy Coordinator, Beth Ball.
- We have over 30 Volunteer Musicians who play music and/or sing to our patients.
- There is a Junior Volunteer Program offered each summer for local students who are interested in a future career in healthcare.
- We offer a Pet Therapy Program as one of our volunteers brings in her Bernese Mountain Dogs, who are certified with Therapy Dogs International.
- Volunteers serve on the Family Support Team, providing support to family and loved ones of our patients receiving critical or end-of-life care. This team is managed by Kris van Bergen of the Quality Services Department at LRH.
- The department manages the iPad Lending Program. iPads are loaned to patients by the Visiting Volunteers, providing them with entertainment while they are at the hospital.
- The department works closely with the LRH Auxiliary, a group dedicated to supporting the hospital through fundraising, educational events and service projects.
- The department hosts a large banquet in May honoring the LRH volunteers for their hard work and efforts. The banquet includes a dinner and awards ceremony where 50% of volunteers are recognized for their services.
- The department hosts two educational sessions each year where volunteers can learn about interesting topics, including how to deal with unhappy customers.
- Interested in joining our team? Please call Amy Mancini, Volunteer Director, at (603) 444-9207.
Back to Department Directory