24/7 LRH COVID Hotline 603-575-6400
Last Updated 7/2/2020
Upon visiting LRH, you will immediately notice several distinct changes to our facility. These measures will remain in place for the foreseeable future to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We continue to make resources available online for your convenience including virtual tours of the Sauter Birthing Suite and Virtual Joint Camp with the Alpine Clinic.
The precautions we are taking to ensure the safety of our staff and patients include, but are not limited to:
- Universal mask requirements for all patients, staff members, and visitors
- Pre-screening measures for everyone entering our facility
- Operating distinct COVID and non-COVID units
- Following strict cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Securing an ample supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for our staff
- Implementing visitor restriction policies to limit the number of individuals in the facility
- Reconfigured areas of the hospital including restricting access at all but 2 entrances
- Expansion of tele-medicine capabilities and virtual visit offerings
- A total of 18 negative pressure isolation rooms which stop the circulation of contaminated air
Visitor Restriction Policy
As we continue to operationalize living with COVID and to provide a supportive environment for our patients, effective Monday, June 29, 2020 we will change our policy on who is allowed to accompany patients in the building. The following categories will be unchanged:
- Pediatrics - one parent or guardian only
- Two parents may accompany neonates for initial visits in the first two weeks of life if needed.
- Maternity - one support person only
- Oncology/Infusion - determined on a case by case basis
- Physician Practices - determined on a case by case basis
- Patients at end of life - determined on a case by case basis
- For patients with cognitive or mobility impairment, may be accompanied by one support person who passes screening
For emergency department, surgery/endoscopy and hospitalized patients we will allow one Essential Caregiver. The Essential Caregivers will follow all screening protocols and will not be tested in order to accompany the patient. As an Essential Caregiver they are able to keep appropriate distances from staff and will be required to wear a mask at all times and staff will be masked.
Our visitor restriction policy will remain in place to keep our patients, staff, and community safe at this time. We will continue to reevaluate based on guidance.
We recognize the impact that visitor limitations has on patients and family and will work with families to assist with communication in the best and safest manner possible for individual situations.
Ways to Stay Connected While at LRH
- Download PDF: Ways to Stay Connected [165 KB pdf]
Safety & Screening
Before entry to our facility, you will be asked a series of questions at one of our mandatory screening checkpoints. A LRH staff member will take your temperature, provide you with a mask if you do not already have one, and ask about your current condition.
The Mandatory Screening Checkpoint for the Main Entrance/Emergency Department is located just outside of the entrance.
The Mandatory Screening Checkpoint for the Medical Office Building at LRH has been relocated inside the vestibule.
Effective Monday, July 6th, 2020 the Mandatory Screening Checkpoint for LRH's Medical Office Building and Littleton Urgent Care will be open from 5:45am until 6pm Monday through Friday. After 6pm, please report to the Littleton Urgent Care entrance for screening and entrance to the facility. A Littleton Urgent Care staff member will greet you.
The Littleton Urgent Care entrance will continue to be open Saturday and Sunday from 9am until 8pm. There will be no entry through the Medical Office Building permitted during these times.
Please note, screening and masks are still required before entry to the facility.
If you are presenting with any respiratory symptoms, you will be redirected to our Emergency Department Respiratory Treatment Area (ERTA).
- Download PDF: Safe in Our Care at LRH [888 KB pdf]
Surgery and Procedures
LRH has begun the resumption of services that you rely on for your family's healthcare. We are in the process of rescheduling the procedures that had originally been postponed due to COVID-19.
In accordance with NH DHHD's re-opening guidelines, we have taken every necessary precaution to resume these medical services safely.
As part of your pre-op care, you will be required to undergo a COVID-19 test to ensure you do not have the virus ahead of your scheduled surgery/procedure.
A Letter from the Sauter Birthing Suite at LRH:
Littleton Regional Healthcare knows these unprecedented times can leave expectant families with feelings of uncertainty. COVID-19 is causing concern during a time in your life that is supposed to be filled with joy. Please know that we have taken every precaution to protect you and your family when you come to the hospital to give birth.
- See the full letter here [88 KB pdf]
North Country Pharmacy
North Country Pharmacy remains open Monday through Friday, 8am-6pm, so that you can fill or refill your prescriptions. Precautions have been put in place to ensure the safety of everyone entering our facility. You will only find this level of protection at LRH.The following measures are being taken to keep you safe:
- Universal mask requirements
- Screening before entry
- Mandatory physical distancing
- Curbside service available
When you visit North Country Pharmacy, you can have peace of mind that your well-being is of the greatest importance.
Our outpatient laboratory has been relocated to better serve our patients and limit the volume of individuals within the Main Hospital building.
Services are available Monday thru Friday from 07:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Registration occurs at Suite 22 and services are provided in this same location. There is no need to go to a separate registration location.
Public Use of Conference Rooms, Cafeteria, & Community Space
We have discontinued all public use of our cafeteria, conference and community space effective immediately and until future notice. This includes cancelling all events open to the public and/or community groups, as well as LRH sponsored events.
LRH Cafeteria operations for employees have been adjusted to minimize exposures. Thank you all for your understanding and adherence to these temporary restrictions as part of our efforts to keep our patients, visitor and workforce healthy during this time.
Our Moose Ledge Gift Shop and Mini Moose Gift Kiosk are temporarily closed. Please continue to check back for updates as more information becomes available