Thank you for choosing Littleton Regional Healthcare.
This page is intended to provide you with some basic information about what you and your visitors can expect from the Endoscopy Department. In addition to our endoscopist and anesthesia providers, our team is comprised of registered nurses.
We provide services for endoscopy during regular business hours, and provide on call coverage for emergency care.
Your pre-procedure appointment
When your procedure date is scheduled by your provider's office they will also schedule you for a pre-procedure phone call with a registered nurse. This appointment will be the day before your procedure or the day before your procedure.
Preparation for your pre-procedure appointment phone call
- Write down any questions or concerns you have regarding your upcoming procedure.
- Be prepared to tell us your current medications including the dosages.
- Be prepared to tell us your allergies and your reactions.
- Be prepared to discuss with us your health history including a list of your previous surgical procedures.
- Please plan on this interview typically requiring about 30 minutes of your time. We ask that you be available after 1:00 pm for us to call you for this appointment.
The day of your procedure
When you arrive for your visit
- We ask that you check in with the admissions department on arrival to the hospital.
- We ask that you arrive at the time you are scheduled.
- Please bring a copy of your Living Will, Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care and/or guardian papers if applicable.
- Please be sure to have a responsible adult accompany you, drive you home, and be available to assist you during your recovery at home. Your ride should be readily available.
- You will be discharged home with instructions from your endoscopist.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Leave your valuables at home.
- Bring a case for your glasses or contacts.
After your stay
Medical records request
Patient Comments may be emailed to: email@example.com
Questions about your bill
Back to Department Directory