Food and Nutrition
Dining at LRH
Littleton Regional Healthcare's cafeteria is located inside the H. Taylor Caswell, Jr., Physicians' Office Building entrance. It is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Anyone coming to LRH can enjoy the smell of delicious food which is evident when walking through the cafeteria line ~ each meal appears attractive and appetizing. Menu options range from fresh bread and baked goods made daily, made-to-order breakfast and lunch items, two entrée specials daily, vegetarian selection daily, fresh soups and a full salad bar.
Patients, visitors and LRH staff are not the only people dining at LRH as many businesses stop by for lunch-to-go or take-out for dinner - the food is delicious, nutritious and affordable!
Our Cafeteria Hours are as follows:
- Breakfast is served daily from 6:30 am until 10:00 am
- The kitchen will be closed Monday through Friday between 10 AM and 11AM, but the Cafeteria will remain open with a limited selection of food options
- Lunch is served Monday through Friday from 11:00 am until 3:30 pm and from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Cafeteria is closed daily from 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
- The Cafeteria is open from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, with a limited selection of food from 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Hot food service, including dinner, will be available from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
Vending machines with coffee and food are located throughout the campus for after-hour snacks.
Join us for a delicious meal, view our Weekly Menu
Nutrition Education & Counseling
Nutrition education and counseling are provided by a Registered Dietitian (RD) to both inpatients and outpatients at Littleton Regional Healthcare. Good nutrition is essential to overall health and can prevent or help manage chronic diseases like obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, and more. Learn more about how the RD can help you:
What is a Registered Dietitian?
A Registered Dietitian has completed education and training established by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Registered Dietitians are required to hold a bachelor's degree, they must complete a specially designed, accredited nutrition curriculum, complete an extensive supervised practice program, and pass a rigorous registration exam. Registered Dietitians are food and nutrition experts and can provide the highest level of nutrition counseling.
What does a Registered Dietitian do?
A Registered Dietitian provides individualized care and advice. RD's learn about your habits and history and then help you create personalized goals and plans. Do not expect a one-size-fits-all approach from a Registered Dietitian.
What can a Registered Dietitian Help you with?
- Weight loss, gain, or maintenance
- Chronic disease management (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and more)
- Food allergies
- Healthy meal planning
- And more!
Referrals are required from a provider for outpatient nutrition counseling. You do not need to be a current patient at Littleton Regional Healthcare for this service. Please contact our Registered Dietitian Ashley Wentworth, MS, RD, LD at 603-444-9545 with any questions you may have about nutrition services at Littleton Regional Healthcare.
North Country Nutrition & Wellness Blog
Healthy Eating Basics & Nutrition News
Back to Department Directory