Building and Grounds
The Building and Grounds team consists of Facilities Management, Engineering, Clinical Engineering, and Environmental Services.
Facts about our facility:
- LRH is a 232,000 sq. ft. facility that’s rests in heart of a 252 acre campus.
- The hospital facility was built in 1999-2001 at a cost of $32M. All equipment, patients and staff were moved into the new facility in January, 2001 in 2 days.
- The Medical Office Building was built in 2010 at a cost of $80M adding 62,000 square feet which increased the total site size by one third. Additionally, the building is heated and cooled by 48 geothermal wells. The Same Day Surgery wing was also added.
- In 2014, the biomass plant was constructed at a cost of $2.7M. Operations began in February 2014. Heating costs dropped by over 60%. Oil usage went from 200K gallons down to approximately 10K annually. LRH is the first in the nation to receive energy credits for thermal energy produced. The biomass plant supports existing local, renewable and sustainable fuel business keeping money in the local economy. 95% of the biomass money stays in state. Approximately 4,000 tons of wood chips are burned in the biomass plant each year.
- In 2015-2016, in the Medical Office Building, the 2nd floor and lower levels were completed to accommodate several departments and physician practices.
Facilities Engineering and Environmental Services staff
There are 9 Facilities and 17 Environmental Services staff members, 1 team leader, and a manager. In 2014, each employee was certified in First Aid and CPR/AED training, and as a result, was recognized as the first non clinical organization to accomplish this task. LRH is a leader in the area by reaching the 1 million pound mark in 2014 for recycling. Our customer satisfaction scores are consistently improving due to our focus on employee engagement with patients and hospital rounding.
Littleton Regional Healthcare wants to be a community leader in encouraging individuals and families to eat healthy. Each year, Facilities prepares an 18 plot community garden on hospital property for interested employees and community members to plant and maintain a garden.
Back to Department Directory