Cardiac Lab care at Littleton Regional Healthcare provides the highest level of customer service. We are patient focused, attempting to help each patient through their cardiac tests in any way we can. We offer state-of-the-art equipment treating more than 600 patients in our cardiac diagnostic lab each year.
Some of the most common cardiac lab procedures we offer include:
- Exercise Treadmill Test
- Exercise Myocardial Perfusion Stress Test ( aka exercise Sestamibi)
- Dobutamine Sestamibi
- Lexiscan Sestamibi, which replaced the "Adenosine Sestamibi" protocol recently
- Pacemaker programmed Lexiscan stress SestaMIBI
- Exercise Stress Echocardiogram (utilizing the Bicycle Ergometer Bed)
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram.
- Contrast ECHO perfusion scan
- Contrast bubble study for intracardiac shunt
- Diastolic Stress ECHO testing for diastolic heart failure.
- Tilt Table Test (useful in the diagnosis of fainting or passing out)
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE )
- TEE guided cardioversions for atrial fibrillation
- Cardioversion for atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter.
- Pacemaker programming and interrogation.
- Pacemaker implantation
We do several EKG's for area physicians and are responsible for the application and scanning of 24-hour Holter monitoring for patients at Littleton Regional Healthcare. We offer these tests to assist your physician in the diagnosis of coronary heart disease. At LRH patients do not have to wait because most tests can be performed within 24 to 48 hours of physician referral.
Our Echo Lab is one of only a handful of Echo Labs in NH that has received accreditation with the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories.
Our 24-hour Holter monitoring is available to outpatients so that your physician can determine if there are any cardiac rhythm abnormalities during a 24-hour period.
Our outpatient Electrocardiogram (EKG) takes pictures of the electrical activity of the heart.
We feel it is our privilege to work very closely with the 2 cardiologists affiliated with LRH. This includes scheduling of patients and coordinating appointments with the cardiologists' offices and contacting our patients before their tests so we can go over instructions, obtain basic information, and answer questions they may have. We are proud that our three cardiac physicians are certified as Fellows of American College of Cardiology.
The Cardiac Lab Services Department at LRH also provides cardiac 'event' monitors, worn by patients during their regular daily activities. The monitors are worn for at least 30 days to record Electrocardiogram (ECG) data related to intermittent symptoms.
LRH has contracted with First Call Medical to receive recorded ECG data via telephone, from each patient being treated in the Cardiac Lab. The patients' ECG data is conveniently able to be transferred 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Back to Department Directory