Virtual Support Group for Individuals with Diabetes
FREE AND 100% ONLINE!
Join us on the first Thursday of every month for our FREE virtual diabetes support group from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Each meeting will feature a new speaker and topic!
Led by our Diabetes Educator, Emily DuPont, BSN, RN, Littleton Regional Healthcare’s Diabetes Self-Management Education Program is accredited by the Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists. This peer-to-peer support group for individuals with diabetes is FREE to attend!
See below for complete details, including the Zoom link to participate. Please email LRHDiabetesEducation@lrhcares.org with any questions.
Support Group Details
Zoom Meeting Link and Information:
- Re-occurring Zoom link from 6-7 pm the first Thursday of every month
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://lrhcares.zoom.us/j/7227170347
- Meeting ID: 722 717 0347
Meeting contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
One tap mobile
- +16469313860,,7227170347# US
- +13017158592,,7227170347# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
- +1 646 931 3860 US
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
- +1 305 224 1968 US
- +1 309 205 3325 US
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
- +1 719 359 4580 US
- +1 253 205 0468 US
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 360 209 5623 US
- +1 386 347 5053 US
- +1 507 473 4847 US
- +1 564 217 2000 US
- +1 669 444 9171 US
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 689 278 1000 US
Meeting ID: 722 717 0347
Find your local number: https://lrhcares.zoom.us/u/kdTtxcDFLz
- March 2 – National Sleep Awareness Week – Catching ZZZ’s and Diabetes—How they are related with Emily DuPont, BSN RN Diabetes Educator LRH
- April 6 – Stress Awareness Month – How stress is impacting your diabetes management and tips & tricks to keep calm and carry on with Lucy Gordon, RN CDCES
- May 4 – Mental Health Awareness Month – Diabetes Burnout & Depression with Krista Bangrazi, BSN RN CDCES Abbott CGM clinical specialist
- June 1 – Healthy Vision/Cataract Month – Keeping an eye on your ocular health
- July 6 – UV Awareness Month – Hot! Hot! Hot! Tips on managing summer heat with diabetes with Danielle Basta
MSN, APRN-NP DHMC Diabetes Center for Excellence
- August 3 – Immunization Awareness Month – The importance of remaining up-to-date on your vaccinations
- September 7 – National Women’s Health & Fitness Day – Exercise and diabetes management with Alicia Couture, RD LRH Dietitian
- October 5 – Health Literacy Month – Have your blood sugars been spooking you? with Krista Bangrazi, BSN RN CDCES Abbott CGM clinical specialist
- November 2 – Diabetes Awareness Month – Diabetes—Where we’ve come from, where we are, and where we are going with Emily DuPont BSN RN Diabetes Educator LRH
- December 7 – Healthy habits during the holidays with Lisa Garneau, CDCES Novo Nordisk, and Ashley Wentworth, MS, RD, LD
Q: Why attend diabetes support groups?
A: Individuals who talk to those in similar situations, have the same chronic health conditions, and have similar experiences have demonstrated reductions in their hemoglobin a1c values—the benchmark indicator of diabetes management. Talking to individuals with the same health conditions can also help decrease diabetes depression and burnout.
Q: Do I have to be an LRH patient to attend groups?
A: No. Anyone who has a diagnosis of diabetes can attend a diabetes support group. If you feel you need further in-depth education after attending a support group, please reach out to your Primary Care Provider to ask them for a referral to Diabetes Education at Littleton Regional Healthcare.
Q: Do I have to go to every single group?
A: No. You may come to as many or as few support groups as you feel you need.
Q: Will this replace diabetes education appointments?
A: These peer support groups are designed to give you some ideas on utilizing the knowledge gained in diabetes education appointments and connect you with peers also managing diabetes. These support groups are not designed to provide individualized information or initial education. This support group is a safe space outlet to work through the struggles of managing diabetes with peers.
Q: I like the support group, but I think I need more information on diabetes for myself individually. How do I get an appointment with Emily DuPont, BSN RN Diabetes Educator?
A: To schedule an appointment with diabetes education, please reach out to your Primary Care Provider and ask about having a referral faxed to 603-259-7705 to set up an appointment to meet with our Diabetes Educator.
More questions? Please email LRHDiabetesEducation@lrhcares.org.