Our Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES) nationally accredited Diabetes Self-Management Education Program empowers people living with diabetes. We provide the knowledge necessary to make educated decisions to control diabetes. This knowledge improves health, decreases the risks of complications, and improves a person’s overall quality of life.
The Diabetes Self-Management, Education, and Training Service will teach and provide support to people with diabetes or at risk of diabetes. The goal is to assist people with diabetes, or at risk, to achieve the behavioral changes necessary to manage their risks or health conditions.
Diabetes Education pays off, however, fewer than 60% of people with diabetes have had any formal diabetes education. Research shows people who have received diabetes education are more likely to:
- Use primary care and preventive services
- Take medications as prescribed
- Control their blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels
- Have lower health costs
Diabetes self-management training is a benefit covered by Medicare and most health plans when provided by a diabetes educator within an accredited/recognized program.
Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program
Taking good care of yourself can seem overwhelming. We know Diabetes Management can be easier when you have the knowledge and skills to make healthy lifestyle choices. Our program centers on what you need for resources and support. You will learn how to solve problems and cope with living with a chronic disease so you can control the risks of developing problems.
- Individualized self-management training
- Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES)
- Focus on meeting all 7 ADCES Self-Care Behaviors using ADCES Curriculum
- The 7 ADCES Self-Care Behaviors include
- Healthy Eating
- Being Active
- Monitoring Blood Glucose
- Taking Medications (tablets, insulin, both)
- Problem Solving
- Healthy Coping
- Reducing Risks
Why meet with a Certified Diabetes Education Specialist?
They teach, coach, and guide people with diabetes to understand their diabetes in their personal lives and work with them to set and meet a health-directed way of life. LRH offers flexible scheduling Monday through Thursday. Please call our Certified Diabetes Education Specialist to schedule your appointment today at 603.444.9323.
- Are you at risk for Type 2 DM
- Choose 50 Ways to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Checking your Blood Sugar with a personal meter
- Daily Reminder
- What is Diabetes?
- Know the signs of Diabetes
- Stop Diabetes Before it Starts
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Pregnancy and Diabetes
- Preparing for Pregnancy with pre-existing Diabetes
- Being Active to help my Diabetes Control
- National Diabetes Education Program
- Watch the Video: “How to pack your Diabetes Emergency Plan kit” by AACE/ACE
- Watch the Video: Travel Tips for people with Type 1 DM
- Watch the Video: ‘Foot Inspection’ at American College of Physicians